Monday, May 21, 2012

Silath's Journal: Day 35 - November 22, 2281


It's done. A little over a month since I awoke with no memories at Doc Mitchell's house, and so much has happened. The legion has been defeated, Ceaser's general, Legate Lannius, has had his head blown off. The legion retreats back to the Arizona territory it calls home.

I suppose I should go through my day like normal, but it just doesn't feel important now. Veronica and I foiled the Legion's two plans to kill President Kimball. He safely gave his speech and left.
Afterwards, we spoke with Colonel Moore, who explained that General Lee Oliver had arrived and wished to speak with me. While doing so, an engineer came up and said the Legion was sending troops through water tunnels into the dam. The battle had begun.
The general asked that I help drive them out while he gathered the troops. On the way to the tunnel, another enginner stopped me and explained that if I diverted water flow, the tunnel would fill and the legion troops in it would be ground to pieces by the turbines.

It took a little searching and a lot of dead legion, but with the support of NCR troops and Brotherhood, I was able to reach the access terminal and divert the water. The terminal said that there was a blockage and the manual override valve would need to be activated... so we made our way outside and turned it on. Considering that as soon as we did, a huge gush of bloody water flowed out, I think the engineer was right.

With that taken care of, we made our way back up to the top of the dam where the main battle was raging. The Boomer's repaired bomber plane dropped it's payload along the legion troops opposite us, it was a pretty amazing sight. How can something so huge fly?
A few more things happened, but basically we just killed a shitload of legion and finally reached their camp. After some more fighting, I found Legate Lannius. Then I blew his head off with my shotgun. The rest  of the legion troops quickly scattered after that.

The general met me on my way out of the camp, offering his thanks and congratulations. I took off my helmet and had a cigarette, using Benny's lighter. Explained to the general the NCR had two months to take control of the strip. He said plans were already in motion to annexx it and the rest of the Mojave. I wasn't surprised.
I guess that's it, then. Veronica and I are going to head back to the Lucky 38 for some rest. I asked her if she planned on still following me, and she said "Of course." That made me happy.

It's time for a good long rest. After that... I might head west, hunt down the Legion wherever I find them. I'd like to take Ceasers head. But that's all in the future... for now, it's time to relax and celebrate my victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment