Thursday, May 17, 2012

Silath's Journal: Day 29 - November 16, 2281



Slept well for once. Maybe it was the Med-x, maybe just being safe in a bunker. I never sleep this well at the L-38, though... Woke up at 5 AM to the sounds of the others getting up around me.
I've decided to do MacNamaras little quest. Tracked the three squads down using the frequency MacNamara gave me: One near Nellis AFB (probably killed by the Boomers. Oops.) one south of the Grub and Gulp, and another two or three miles east of here.
Tracked down the group to the east, they were laying in a big ass irradiated crater surrounded by mutant centaurs. Picked up the holo tape and then started moving north to the next squad.
Shortly along the way though, I was stopped by a non-hostile mutant named Neil. He warned me to turn around, unless I wanted to be torn apart by mutants. Mentioned something about being drawn here by radio broadcasts from Tabitha.
I had no idea what he was talking about, but I sensed something in him. I'm beginning to get really good at noticing when people want my help. After a little nudging, he admitted if I was willing and able, he would help me take out Tabitha. Seems she has a policy about killing all humans, so I agreed.
Neil ran off to the top of the mountain, said if I could get past the mutant guards then I was strong enough to kill Tabitha. Well duh. Sigh. Me and Veronica made short work of the three roadbloaks set along the path up the mountain.

Met up with Neil and he laid a trap for the remaining nightkin guards; led them down the road to me so I could snipe them off. Even with stealthboys on, you can still make them out; a shimmering like a mirage. Easy enough to see when you know where to look.
Neil left me on my own then, big help he was. He also failed to mention the mutant up on a tower armed with a rocket launcher. Explosives are the bane of my existence, and my poor arms and legs... I think Neil was hoping I'd get killed.

We rescued a ghoul named Raul, very dry sense of humor that one. He wandered off to enjoy his newfound freedom. Shortly thereafter, Tabitha got an uppercut from Veronica's ballistic fist. That girl has some moves, I'll tell ya. We could tell it was Tabitha because she was wearing a blonde wig and some crazy glasses.
Inside Tabitha's radio station I found a terminal with some pre-war entries, written just before and after that attacks. It was wierd, kind of fascinating though. There were also more recent entries, one by Marcus. Seems he tried to make a new home here.
I guess Marcus was a 'first-gen' whatever that means, and Tabitha and some others were... well, not. Eventually there was a fight, and the first-gens got kicked out. Then Tabitha and 'Rhonda', who I think was a voice in her head (She was a nightkin, so probably schizo) took over the place.
On the way out I asked Neil what he was gonna do. He said he'd stick around to guide any mutants who came in towards Jacobstown, then sent me on my merry way.

The next squad was only a few miles north, so we headed there. Got attacked by a legion squad about halfway there, I can't wait for this war to be over just so I don't have to deal with those fuckers anymore.
The squad ended up being inside the Repconn HQ building. It was easy enough to bluff my way past the security of the robots, and on the first floor behind a locked security door was a really awesome plasma rifle. I insisted Veronica take it, and she begrudgingly slung it on her back. Along with a shitload of Microfusion cells we had found.

Found the squad on the third floor, both of them dead. Grabbed the holo tape. Also found a suitcase next to a skeleton with a shitload of pre-war money and a fancy ID card. Might come in handy some day.
After that we bedded down in one of the offices, the repconn robots providing security for the night. Debating whether or not I should take a shot of Med-x... I guess if I have to debate if it's a good idea or not, then it's probably a bad one. If I can't sleep then I'll take one.
As a side note: surprised Veronica hasn't tried to bury the dead Brotherhood members we've found. She's treated them just like any other corpses. Which is logical, but wierd.

No comments:

Post a Comment