Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Silath's Journal: Day 17 - November 4, 2281


Slept for 11 hours last night, woke up about 9 AM. Made 300 more AP rounds at the reloading bench... just in case. Then I headed out towards the railroad tracks, entering the tunnel to find a way outta this deathtrap.
Took out a few more super mutants, then ran into some raiders. They were all grouped up and hadn't noticed me yet, so I tossed a plasma grenade into their midst. Effective and terrible weapon.
Was able to repair my armor (which had gotten pretty shredded) with scraps of theirs. Cut my way through the tunnels they had made into their home, after fighting super mutants they were pretty easy.
Finally found a ladder leading up, back into daylight! What a relief. Of course a few minutes after I surfaced I was assualted by cazadores... can never seem to get away from those things.

Found Melissa, sitting on top of a crag overlooking a quarry. Was able to convince her to ditch support of the Legion, once she learned about the fact that woman can't fight in Ceasers army. She didn't like that idea one bit. At least something was easy for once!

Immediatly thereafter, headed back to Goodsprings which was only about two hours walk away. Blasted a few radscorpions along the way, then stopped at the saloon to get caught up with Sunny and Trudy, was nice to see Sunny again. Trudy always stuck me as a little bit bitchy, though.
Traded all the crap I'd been lugging around with Chet; can you believe I had 48 cazadore poison glands? Ugh. Just thinking about it makes me sick. I took all the .308 ammo and primers he had, unfortunately it wasn't as much as I had hoped.
Decided to trade in the old Mossberg though. This R91's full auto capabality really makes up for it's lack of power. Reloaded as much .308 as I could into AP ammo, 180 rounds total. Debated loading up hollow points in 5.56 for the R91, but given how much I've been facing off against armored opponents, I didn't feel comfortable doing so.
So, I went with the compromise; some hand loaded FMJ rounds, heavier grain bullets and a bit of extra powder. They're a lot more accurate, and a little bit more powerful. Spent a few hours doing that, so it was getting pretty late.

Went to Doc Mitchell's house, and asked him if he didn't mind if I slept at his home. He had more than enough space, he said, and would be happy to have me. I offered to pay him, but he refused, so I paid him to treat some of my minor wounds instead.
Finally... a day without nearly dying! I suppose I ought to head over to Cottonwood Cove after this, kill some legion bastards and see if I can't find some sort of proof that the legion outlaws chems.
If I can't... hell, I could always just forge a note, right? Safer to find the real thing though, Diane doesn't seem like she'd be easily fooled. For now, sleepy time. Gonna get up before dawn tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment