Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Silath's Journal: Day 20 - November 7, 2281


I returned to Ranger Jackson to let him know the road to Primm was cleared of malevolent ants. He gave me a decent amount of supplies, and on the way out Major Knight mentioned I should talk to a sniper named Ghost. What an original name.
Ghost wanted me to go check out Nipton, as she had seen columns of smoke rising but couldn't leave her post to check herself. I immediatly thought of the mayor's journal entry I had found earlier. With that in mind I told her I'd check it out ASAP.
Just outside the outpost I found a trader, gave him a near-perfect condition light machine gune for the 2000 odd caps he had on him. Hope he makes a good profit off of it.

Couple miles along the road heard two people shooting at eachother. The survivor told me how he had picked her (the woman he killed) up a few days ago and they'd been travelling together. Told me she suddenly turned on him, demanding all his money. He thought she was more interested in his necklace though, a string with a bunch of those stupid ass star bottlecaps on it. I told him he ought to hide it away or sell it, was only going to bring out the crazies.

Nipton was a burning hellhole. In one of the few remaining buildings, I found a powder ganger named Boxcar, his legs bashed to all hell. He demaned Med-x of me, and I told him I'd give him some- enough to OD on- if he told me what had happened.
Apparently the legion came in while the gangers were attacking. They set up a lottery. The 'lucky losers' got beheaded. The others after that were crucified; third place was slavery. Second place was Boxcar, who's punishment was getting his legs broken, and first place was set free. I gave Boxcar five of my six med-x syringes, and he was very pleased.
All the legion were hovering around the front of the town hall with a few of their dogs. I set up position a distance away, took some Steady, and started sniping them. Every one of the fuckers. The town hall was full of Legion dogs and dead bodies. I killed the dogs, then set fire to the building.

Boxcar had told me the Legion had taken the slaves from Nipton to the east, and I intended to try to save them. First though, I ran back to Mojave outpost, informed Ghost of what had happened, and then set off back to Nipton.
On the road east out of the destroyed town, a few raiders had set up an ambush. It was a fairly obvious one, though, and failed miserably. A few miles past that I found the camp the Legion had set up. There were only two slaves left alive.
I sniped the Legion soldiers, they're very tough but their grasp of tactics is pretty poor. They just ran around wildly, firing into the hills until they were all dead. The two slaves turned out to be powder gangers, but even they deserve better than to be slaves. I set them on their way.

In the rocky hills above Cottonwood Cove, I found a snipers nest. Inside was a very nice custom .308 sniper rifle, a DKS model. Someone had painted it with desert colors and obviously paid good attention to it. Spent the evening sniping the legion soldiers from high above.
When I had killed ever one I could spot outside, I headed down to clear out the buildings. Night had fallen a little while ago, and I switched my nightvision module on. In a chain link pen, I found two slaves, but they had explosive collars on. Thankfully I found the key on one of the dead soldiers, and set them loose.
Also found their armory, where I reloaded as much ammo as I could. Found a basement hatch with a SHITLOAD more legion in it, was like they were coming out of the walls. One of them got behind me with a power fist and nearly killed me as I was fighting the others.

Obviously, however, he failed. I also failed to find any goddamn proof of Ceasers ban on chems. I'll just have to make something up (although, I'll actually be telling the truth, technically!) and convince Diane.
The trip wasn't an entire waste though, I singlehandedly took out Ceasers only real base on this side of the Colorado. Imagine the surprise he'll get the next time he sends a raft across the river to land at Cottonwood Cove...
But now it's very late. I need to sleep. Need some stimpacks and med-x, and sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment