Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Silath's Journal: Day 22 - November 9, 2281


I waited around in the Helios building until 9 AM, and then activated the thing. Thank god I was wearing my sunglasses! Never seen anything so bright, you could literally see the energy waves of the sunlight on the solar collector!
Spoke with Rivas on the way out, he was pleased with my decision to distribute the power across the grid. Even gave me a science book and some medical supplies. I thanked him and asked what he would do now: Rivas said he would stick around for a while.

Then I began heading towards the 188 trading post, the location of which my pipboy had recorded, not that it was hard to find. Along the way, a group of legion assasins found me. About twenty minutes after that, ANOTHER assasins group found me. Fucking annoying assholes. I must have taken out half of Ceasers best men by now.
Anyway... met a nice girl at the 188, Veronica. Claimed she was out getting supplies for her 'family' in a bunker. Then she asked me what my opinion of the Brotherhood of Steel was. See where this is going? I told her they generally left people alone, as long as they weren't holding advanced weapons technology (which, to the best of my knowledge, is true.)
Then she asked if she could join me in my travels. I said sure, why the hell not, and that's when she revealed she was actually a BoS member (shocking I know.) I gave her a ballistic fist I had found on one of the dead legion assasins and repaired to almost full condition. Crazy things, they're like power fists but modified to fire two shotgun shells point blank on contact. Very powerful. Veronica seemed a little dissapointed it wasn't a fancy dress, but was thankful regardless.

After that I traded for some .308 rounds, then remembered a recharging plasma pistol I had found in the bunker with the tesla cannon, and gave that to her as a ranged backup. Then we continued on our way.
Found a FoA outpost hidden in a railyard, but there was nothing to trade or do there so we moved on. It's kind of nice having someone to watch my back now, especially someone trained by the Brotherhood and armed with a devastating melee weapon!

We reached the Strip without any further events, and I traded at the Gunrunners vendertron. I finally decided to sell my faithful .308 marksman carbine, it served me well, but I have a different setup planned now. I've got that nice modified DKS for long range, the perferator for medium range or silenced operations... and I grabbed a brand-new riot shotgun in 12 gauge!
To be honest, I really missed the sheer power of a shotgun loaded with magnum buckshot. That was half the reason I got it. The other half, is the fact that I'd gotten pretty good at finding weak points in enemy armor with my old shotgun, and as much as I like my perferator sometimes you just need pure knockdown power.

Ah... anyway, with that done, I went by the Crimson Caravan HQ and got some reinforced leather armor, like I used to wear, for Veronica. Lots better than the robes she was wearing. Also gave her a combat helmet. She claims she knows how to use power armor, so maybe if we ever run across some she can wear it. I'm not a big fan of heavy armor like that, but if she's going to be running up to enemies to smash them with her ballistic fist, I can kinda see it coming in handy.

By this point I had nearly 50,000 caps, so it was time for implants! Yay! Doctor Usanagi seemed thrilled too, she said she doesn't get to preform implants very often due to the cost. She was even more thrilled when I opted to get THREE of them. The first was the regenerative implant, the most expensive (12,000 caps). I also got the subdermal reinforcement, basically it adds large amounts of iron to my bones and subdermal layers of fat and skin. It's not exactly bulletproofing, but it will help. That one was 8000 caps. Then I got a perception implant, some sort of optical processor, to increase my vision and awareness. That one was only 4000 caps.
Veronica said she'd never seen a person spend so much money in one place, but I told her it'd be worth it. With the kind of shit I've been doing, I need every advantage I could get. By the time all the operations were done, it was nearly 4 AM! I feel pretty great though, not tired at all, and Veronica said she had napped while I was in surgery, so I think we'll just continue on  after stopping by the Lucky 38. I'll have Veronica wait outside, though.
I barely know her, after all. Can't risk her knowing about Yes Man. But since I like to break these journals into daily chunks, I wanted to get this down before starting todays journies.

No comments:

Post a Comment