Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Silath's Journal: Day 27 - November 14, 2281


Veronica woke me up at 6, I had planned to sleep in another hour or two but didn't mind. She admired the trees and enjoyed the cool air while me and Rex entere Jacobstown and the lodge.
Dr. Henry examined the brain and determined it had been subject to loarge amounts of turbo, but was otherwise fine. Said it might even make Rex faster. The surgery took till noon, I offered to assist since my medical knowledge is fairly decent, but he said it was fine.
So I chatted with Marcus a bit. He asked me about Veronica, who had been meandering a little ways outside of town. I figured if I could trust anyone with the truth, it was Marcus; told him she was Brotherhood.

Marcus was taken aback, asked me why someone as open-minded as I was (flattering) was in the company of a BoS bigot. I explained that Veronica wasn't exactly your stereotypical Brotherhood member, she was very kind, smart, funny... and then I shut up before I started sounding to sappy. Marcus merely grunted and told me that I shouldn't be too trusting, but that it was good I had found someone to travel with.
I walked out to Veronica and tried to convince her to at least speak to Marcus. When I let slip that I had told Marcus she was Brotherhood, she nearly flipped. I was glad she didn't hit me, especially since she was wearing the ballistic fist.
I explained that I trusted and respected Marcus greatly, and explained to him that she was a good and kind person, just ingrained with a distrust of mutants (and ghouls, she was very cautious around the ones at The Underground) I could see her soften a little. Still mad, though. I sighed, and we sat in silence for a while. Finally, she said "You should go check in on Rex" and I took the oppurtunity to get away from the akward, angry silence.

Somehow we managed to make it back to the Strip without getting into a single fight, a miracle, but Veronica was silent the entire way. When I handed Rex back to The King, she seemed to cheer up at seeing his joy. The King tried to offer Rex to me, but I insisted he stayed with his master. Failed to mention the fact that keeping Rex alive had been a real pain in my ass, didn't seem polite.
After that I stopped at the L-38 to speak with Yes Man, and explained that the Khans would assist us. Then we went to see ambassador Crocker (the looks Veronica has been getting for walking around in power armor have ranged from fear to amusement.)

Turned out that Crocker wanted my help dealing with Pacer and the way he's been causing all sorts of trouble for the NCR in Freeside. I mentioned that I was in pretty good with The King, and that he owed me a favor. Crocker was pleased and asked that I get back to him with The King's answer ASAP.
The King said it would be tough to keep the peace, and that after this he'd consider us even. I was more than happy to agree. Admittedly, it was mostly laziness, I was happy to have something done easy for once. Quick and simple.

Crocker gave his thanks and 600 caps (not much but if there's one thing I've learned, it can really add up.) When I asked if he had any more jobs for me, he said no, but that Colonel Moore at the Dam had asked for me by name. Not sure what she wants, but he advised I not take too long.

I figure she can wait a few days, but I don't want to put it off for too long. Mostly I just want to get in contact with the BoS and see where they stand, so I can tell Yes Man if they need to be watched when it comes time for the battle. If I'm lucky, I can get their assistance, but the best I can realistically hope for is that they don't cause the NCR any trouble.
We'll see... for now, though, with the time it took to get Rex's surgery and trek back to the Strip, it's getting pretty late. Me and Veronica will rest up at the L-38 (maybe some day she'll get used to it) and then she's offered to help me find the BoS bunker and speak with the Elder.

No comments:

Post a Comment