Thursday, May 17, 2012

Silath's Journal: Day 28 - November 15, 2281


Early to bed, early to rise. Found Veronica sprawled under the sheets of her bed this morning, and she looked so peaceful I decided to giver her an extra hours sleep. I think she's not quite used to the pace we've been keeping, but is too prideful to admit it. She's a tough girl.
At 6 I woke her, and we readied ourselves. She said she would guide me to the Brotherhood bunker she had called home. We stopped by the Gunrunners so I could reload some ammunition, and I picked up a fantastic red-dot sight for my perferator. It's even more deadly now.

We were attacked by legion assasins (Of course we were) about a mile or so south of Vegas. Fought them off easily enough. I'm beginning to get very good at headshots using VATS.
Afterwards we came across the 'Junction 15 Railway Station' and found a dead NCR soldier inside. His armor had been almost sheared through, the only thing I know of that can do that is a thermic lance or deathclaws.
Sure enough, when we exited to the back 'porch' of the station, a raised concrete section, I spotted four deathclaws off in the distance. Pulled out the DKS and sniped them, dealt with easily enough.
A little ways south on the same road, I spotted several more of them milling around an old quarry. Found a nice high spot and began picking them off from afar. Killed 10 total. Ten damn deathclaws... imagine stumbling into that place. Anyone would be tore to shreds in seconds.

The area around the Brotherhood bunker was swarming with bark scorpions, but they're really little more than pests. I was kind of funny watching Veronica bending down to smash them, though, and I think she heard me snickering.
There were a couple of other bunkers there also, three more actually. Two of them were collapsed shortly past the entrance rooms, but the third had some intact rooms. In one of them we found an old T-45D power helmet, and after we cleaned it up Veronica put it on. Quite an intimidating sight now!
Personally, I like the look of the old T-45D power armor over the 51B, the 45D is a lot edgier and scarier. But... the 51B is a lot easier to move around in (according to Veronica) and provides better protection. Sometimes you have to go with function over form.

Veronica got us access to the Brotherhood's bunker, and I was greeted by the security officer Paladin Ramos. Seemed polite enough, I was kind of expecting the BoS members to scorn me for being a wastelander, but they're all actually reasonably sociable.
I spoke with the Elder, MacNamara, and he asked me if I would be willing to help them. Told him that's why I came here. He wants me to find three patrols he had sent out and not heard back from; each carried a holotape that I could use to track them down. If the teams were alive, bring them back... if not, bring back their holotapes.
He also said I would be allowed to access some of their salvaged equipment from the Quartermaster, but none of their more advanced and priveledged technology. Which is a shame because I noticed some of the soldiers walking around in some sort of lightweight, sleek looking combat armor... maybe if I do them some favors I can get my hands on some.

As I was leaving MacNamara's chamber, I was approached by Head Paladin Hardin. Hardin seems to think that Elder MacNamara is slowly killing the Brotherhood here with his isolationist policies. He wants my assistance in uncovering information about how to replace (usurp) MacNamara. Recommended that I talk to Ramos first, or check out the Brotherhood databases.
I promised him I would give it some serious thought. From what Veronica has told me, Hardin may well me right. First though... first I'm going to do MacNamaras task. Hopefully it will help me gain a little trust, and then I can get a better insight on the situation here. Need to make sure Hardin isn't just using me to further his agenda (Ok, well he probably is, but I need to make sure I agree with that agenda first.)

After that chat, I went to talk to the quartermaster, Knight Torres. She was stressing out about a missing laser pistol, so I told her I'd keep an eye out for it. Didn't calm her down any. Torres didn't really have anything interesting, though. Alas.
Veronica had been wandering around the bunker catching up on things, I found her after a little while (The bunker isn't really that big) and asked if it was Ok if I slept in one of the beds for the night, suggested that we rest up here and then head out early tomorrow (as was quickly becoming our usual routine.)
She said that was fine, and guided me to a free bed in the corner of a sort of barracks. I went up to the upper level and asked Ramos if it was ok if I stepped outside for a few minutes, he said that was fine as long as I came back withing 10 minutes. Guess he didn't want me sneaking off and bringing an army back... but I needed some privacy to record this.

Plus I wanted to grab a cigarette, I found a few cartons of them back when I was trapped in the Bonnie Springs underground station, they're gross at first but I kind of like them. Veronica hasn't said anything about it but I can kinda tell she doesn't like it. Oh well. I've read in medical journals how they're bad for you, but frankly with all the dangers of the Mojave I've been through a lot worse.
I don't think my life is going to be a real long one. And... hell, if I can't be honest with myself in my own memory journals, then who can I be honest with? I haven't been sleeping well ever since I saw the Ceasers Legion camp at Fortification hill. And when I talked to Boxcar and gave him the Med-x to off himself... I've been thinking about using it to help me sleep.
I've used it before while I waited for stimpacks to kick in. I know it can be addictive if you use it recreationally, but I REALLY need a good nights sleep. I think I'll give myself a shot and then head back into the bunker and go to bed. Hopefully it will help. Besides, if I get addicted I know perfectly well how to cure myself. I could really use something to help me relax. And of all the drugs out there, Med-x is by far the safest. May as well give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment