Friday, May 11, 2012

Silath's Journal: Day 1 - October 19. 2281

     Doc Mitchell advised that I keep this journal. He said that it might help me recover my memories... I have my doubts, but it's worth a try. If nothing else I have the hope that it will allow me to have some sense of security, having amnesia is unsettling at best. The odd thing is that I remember tons of information, just nothing about my personal life... I can remember how a gun works, or how to pick a lock; but I couldn't even remember my name. In the meantime I've decided to call myself Silath, I have no idea why, but it appeals to me.
      Doc Mitchell himself seemed a kind man, he even gave me a pip-boy and a night vision/combat module, invaluable pieces of technology. That alone is quite a gift, but he also saved my life. Him and some robot named Victor, who apparently brought me in. It seems I had been shot in the head, and somehow managed to survive... but with the consequence of amnesia.
      I talked with Victor, and despite it's friendly demeanor, there's something strange about him. It... whatever. Apparently he just rolls around town, silent as a cat all day. Very strange.
      I had a note on me when I was shot; a Mojave Express delivery order. Frankly though I'm not sure it's a great idea to pursue the people who did this to me. Revenge is fantastic and all, but for all I know I deserved to be shot. Besides... they might recognize me and try to finish the job.
      Thankfully whoever it was that shot me left me with several useful pieces of gear, that I presume I had been carrying with me, in addition to the pistol and ammunition Doc Mitchell provided me with. I have a field jacket, modified with some light armoring and a web belt. There's also a .357 lever action, and a 10mm pistol, with some ammo for both. A few stimpacks and caps, so I'm not completely broke. Aside from that there's a backpack, with a small tarp, sleeping pad, and light sleeping bag. There's also a few miscenalleneous pieces of weapons repair equipment and survival supplies. Plenty of rope, duct tape, a field knife, hatchet, those kinds of things. Unfortunately not a lot to go on as far as getting any idea of who I was.    
     For now I think I'll take the Doctor's recommendation and follow Sunny Smiles, who's dog greeted me as soon as I stepped into the saloon. She's offered to teach me a few things, but first I wanted to take a break and record all of this... just in case I forget again.
 -------------------------------------------
      Back again. Sure as shit got dark fast, and the day went by even faster. I figured I'd record what happened today while I sat down and ate dinner. I spent most of the day with Sunny, we hunted down some gheckos wandering around the water supply. After that she showed me an interesting trick involving brock flower and xander root to make healing powder.
      Anyway, she told me to go gather the plants by the school and graveyard, and after inquiring as to their locations I went off the get the ingredients. What Sunny neglected to tell me is that the school was overrun with mantis' with a taste for human flesh. Thankfully between my armored jacket and N99 pistol, the mantis' were made short work of.
      There was a terminal beside a wall safe in the school, and curiosity wouldn't let me leave it unopened. I was able to hack the terminal with the help of my pipboy and a programmers magazine (How the terminal still had power is beyond me). Inside the safe were a few goodies, most notable among them a stealth-boy. Damned if I know how, but I still remember how to use the thing and what it does. This amnesia is just... bizzare.
      Speaking of bizzare, everyone in this town has been too bloody nice and it's making me nervous. I haven't seen any reason to be suspicious, but still it's just... odd. On my way back to Sunny after collecting the brock flower- the graveyard was full of mutated flies, by the way. Thankfully the doctor had shown me how to use the VATS on the pipboy, and that helped me deal with 'em.
     Like I was saying though, on the way back from the graveyard, a damned giant radscorpion started chasing me. Those things are bloody TOUGH: even the .357 mag rounds from my lever action couldn't kill it. Thankfully one of the townies sitting outside the saloon noticed and helped me kill the beast.
      The venom gland helped me buy dinner, some iguana bits. Wierd because I have yet to see an iguana, or any non-hostile creature, now that I think about it... aside from Sunny's dog, at least. While I was at the Saloon, after Sunny sent me back to talk to Trudy, the "Town's mother" in her words, Trudy was in an argument with some guy wearing some sort of police armored vest. Apparently he was looking for somebody, and was a "Powder Ganger", escaped convicts... I'm not sure it'd be wise to get involved, but I'll think about it more tomorrow.
      On the plus side I was able to fix Trudy's radio, and she gave me 50 caps for it. For now I've set up camp next to one of the wells that supplies the town with water, and after I finish eating I'll grab some sleep for the night. I've gotta admit, hunting those gheckos, killing the bloatflies and radscorpion... it was scary, but damned exciting too. I felt so alive, but it leaves you exhausted. I'll get back to you tomorrow, hopefully these journals will help me remember... something anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment