Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Silath's Journal: Day 26 - November 13, 2281


We finished clearing the last of the lakelurks from the caverns this morning. There shouldn't be anything left alive in there now. Informed McMillan (Not McMillian) of those and he was practically ecstatic. Said we were welcome into their town "The Underground" and gave me a rather nice modified riot shotgun. It will be replacing my old one.

Inside the town I traded some junk with a chem dealer named Tecoult, got some hydra and most of his caps. Deeper in we located what the locals called the 'Market Sector' and I found an armor merchant. She had a T-51B power armor, in near mint condition. It cost a fair amount, but I bought it for Veronica. Besides, her old T-45D power armor offset the cost when we traded it in. She said it was almost as good a gift as a dress.
One of these days, I'm going to find that girl a gorgeous dress and she's going to have a heart attack on the spot. We also found an arms dealer, and I got her a thermic lance, traded in her ballistic fist for it. She was less enthusiastic about this, but I explained my experience of the values of armor-piercing weapons. She was inconvinced but agreed to give the lance a try.

After what seemed like wandering the caverns for weeks (though, I think this was only our second day here?) we exited through, what I was very surprised to discover, was the Freeside Broadcasting Station.
I was all too eager to get back outside under open sky, though, and we quickly made our exit. Rex seemed eager as well, though Veronica couldn't care less either way. Nearby the exit of the broadcasting building, though, I noticed a nest of raiders had taken over a bit of a junkyard. Inside were about half a dozen dogs.

Well, that was convienent for once! I sniped the dogs and the inhabitants, and then picked the head of the healthiest looking dog. I wanted to get to Jacobstown ASAP now, though, before the brain became too detioriated to use.
On the way to Jacobstown, we were attacked by legion asassins for the THIRD time in this same spot. What the fuck, man. This is seriously starting to get FUCKING ANNOYING. I can't wait to skullfuck Ceaser when the battle at the dam finally comes. I want to take his head personally.

Ugh... Annnnnyway, the rest of the journey was fairly uneventful, though it was getting fairly dark. Along the way Veronica was already complaining that she missed her ballistic fist (So far all we had fought were some raiders, a few cazadores, and the legion assasins) so I succumbed and gave her one of the ballistic fists I had found on an assasin. She hugged me, and told the ballistic fist "I missed you."
She is very... eccentric, at times, but sweet nontheless. We ended up camping just outside Jacobstown around 10, partly because I thought it would be a bad idea to approach a place with nightkin at night, and partly because Veronica refuses to go into the town and I didn't want to leave her camping out here alone.

Things are progressing nicely, though. We'll sleep for a while tonight (obvious) and then get Rex's brain all fixed up, and head back to drop him off with The King. Be nice not to have to worry about him getting killed anymore. After that I'll stop by the Lucky 38 and let Yes Man know the Khans are finally with us.
SHIT! That reminds me, Ambassador Crocker had some task he wanted me to do, and I was all "I'll get back to you in a few days". But I think that was over a week ago... can't remember. Too easy to lose track of time. Anyway, soon as I deal with Yes Man I'll go see Crocker and discover if the offer is still on the table, whatever it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment