Monday, September 27, 2010

Biphasic Day Three, Four

Sep 25

2:12 AM-
Eyes are pretty sore, and I feel mildly tired. I think I'll take a break from the computer for a minute and make something to eat, since that seems to restore a bit of energy.

2:35 AM-
Made a PB&J and drank some milk. The worst thing is the eye soreness, it just makes you wanna close your eyes, which makes you more tired. Hmm. Not very eloquent today am I? Oh well. Another 2.5 hours and I can get some rest.

5:00 - 9:30 AM-
Decided to go for 4.5 hours on this one and see how I felt. It sure was a great sleep, maybe too great. It was realllly hard to get up out of bed. I wanted to just lay there and enjoy the feeling of the awesome sleep for a few more hours.

Well, as you can see I did manage to get up. It does seem to take longer to really wake up the longer I've slept, and also based on the quality of sleep. There seem to be two types of good sleep. The first is like today, where I feel rested but superbly comfortable. As nice as the feeling is, makes it bloody hard to get out of that bed.
The second is where the alarm goes off and I am wide awake and ready to go. This has the advantage where it takes less time to wake up, but lacks that extremely pleasent feeling of the first type.

Anyway, what this leads me to believe is that 4.5 hours for the morning sleep are best kept to a minimum, to recharge my batteries after a particularly long night, or if I feel like indulging myself. Three hours seems fine for normal circumstances!
It's odd to consider that I think of 4.5 hours as quite a lot now.. before that would have been almost nothing to me.

12:00 PM-
Went out to lunch with Josh, ate quite a bit and had two beers, left feeling rather drowsy.

4:08 PM-
The usual sleepiness that seems to occur around this time. Little else to report really.

9:34 PM-
8-9:30 nap went well. Need to head down to the corner store and grab some cigarettes before they close.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sep 26 Day Four

5:00 - 8:00 AM sleep-
Woke up the the sound of my computer waking up from sleep (Just the sounds of the fans comning on, in other words) before my alarm went off about 20 seconds later.
Also experienced that feeling of 'Oh shit, did I oversleep!?!' that others have described. It's still a bit unbelievable.
If I need it, I think I will allow myself a 30 min nap or two later today, since I went from 6 hours to 4.5

7:27 PM-

Worked on the house throughout most of the day with Frank, afterwards went out for few beers with him an Dave. Had some awesome beers (Devoloping a fondness for dark beers'; they often taste like coffee) However, currently preparing for my evening bath and sleep.

8:00 - 11:00 PM-
Ended up sleeping an extra 1.5 hours, for a total of three. Mostly just to sleep off inebriation. My updates have sucked today and yesterday, mostly because I've been doing things that are just one thing for a large block of hours (Watching movies, working on the house etc)
Perhaps tomorrow will offer a different experience, as it will be my first day of work while on this schedule.

Day Four (Sep 26) Recap-
Pretty simple day. Work on house > Drink > Sleep.
Although this does allow me to experience the effects of drinking on my sleep. Which is to say, you need more of it after drinking. Not many surprises there.

No comments:

Post a Comment